Our church history goes back to 1955. James Cooper conducted the first service in the Stabnow Funeral Home in Greenwood on Easter Sunday 1955.
In 1956 the church purchased one and a half acres on the north edge of town and renovated the Greenwood Hotel and this became the first church building. In 1973 the Lord opened the door to build a new and larger auditorium next to that church building.
The growth over the last 20 years has produced multiple building projects and added to our opportunity for ministry. The Lord continued to pour out his blessing on the work and in February 1995 the church dedicated another auditorium much larger than the previous one.
In 2000 the church added on a multipurpose building which has been a great blessing to the ministry and fellowship of the growing church family.
Today, Missionary Baptist Church is a thriving testimony that God is always changing lives. Words could not describe God’s goodness in this place, and all of the glory belongs to God. The lives changed, the families rescued, and the victories won have all been by God’s amazing grace. To Him be all the glory for His wonderful works at Missionary Baptist Church.